Language Learning & Technology
Vol. 5, No. 3, September 2001, p. 204
Call for Papers for Special Issue of LLT
Theme: Distance Learning
Paginated PDF version
Guest Editor: Margo Glew
This special issue of Language Learning and Technology will focus on all aspects relating to distance teaching and learning of languages and how both processes are best facilitated in distance education courses. Articles must report on original empirical research in this area, or address issues in the theory and practice of implementing distance education language courses.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to
- the educational context for distance learning of languages
- pedagogically effective practices for distance education
- crucial elements of effective distance language courses
- issues of student assessment and program evaluation in distance education
- new technologies in distance language learning
Please note that all articles published in LLT, including in this special issue, should either report on original research or present an original framework that links previous research, educational theory, and teaching practices.
Please send an e-mail of intent with a 250-word abstract by January 31, 2002 to Margo Glew (email@example.com).
Language Learning & Technology is published exclusively on the World Wide Web. You may see current or back issues, and take out your free subscription, at http://llt.msu.edu