Please indicate if the following statements are true or
false according to the text.
1. The passage mainly talks about the reasons why some
elementary computing patterns were not developed until the
2. The author believes that mental difficulties were a
central reason for the late development of some elementary
3. Calculations with grouping systems involve memorizing
4. Using a ciphered numeral system does not require any
5. The unavailability of cheap paper and other writing
materials such as pens was a reason for the slow development
of arithmetic systems.
6. The paper we use today was developed much later than
7. Rag paper was probably expensive because its
manufacture required human labor.