Language Learning & Technology
Vol. 4, No. 2, September 2000
Call for Papers for Special Issue of LLT
Theme: Technology and Teacher Education
Guest Editors: Yong Zhao and Seppo Tella
While research has traditionally focused on the interface between technology and language learners, the role of teachers as mediators between technology and the learner has received less attention. In this special issue of LLT, we invite submissions that investigate the role of teachers in technology-enhanced language education, explore the process by which teachers integrate technology into their pedagogical practices, and probe the social, psychological, communicative and cognitive arrangements necessary for teachers to make creative and appropriate uses of technology in language learning.
Possible issues include but are not limited to the following:
Please note that all articles published in LLT, including in this special issue, should either report on original research or present an original framework that links previous research, educational theory, and teaching practices.
- How do teachers learn to incorporate information and communication technologies into their teaching?
- What should teachers know in order to effectively use technology in their teaching?
- In what ways do technological innovations interact with existing pedagogical practices?
- What sort of teacher education solutions help teachers realize the educational potential of ICT?
- What psychological and social factors influence teachers' use technology?
- What pedagogical, technological, social, and psychological conditions are necessary for successful integration of technology in the foreign language classroom?
Those interested in contributing to this special issue should send an e-mail of intent with a 250 word abstract by December 30, 2000 to the guest editors:
Yong Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Seppo Tella (email@example.com)
Language Learning & Technology is published exclusively on the World Wide Web. You may see current or back issues, and take out your free subscription, at http://llt.msu.edu
Home | About LLT | Subscribe | Information for Contributors | Masthead | Archives
Copyright © 2000 Language Learning & Technology, ISSN 1094-3501.
Articles are copyrighted by their respective authors.