Language Learning & Technology
Vol. 3, No. 1, July, 1999
Call for Papers for Special Issue of LLT
Theme: Computer-assisted language testing
This special issue of Language Learning & Technology will focus on the theory and practice of computer-based language testing, including computer-assisted testing, computer-adaptive testing, and Web-based testing. Articles based on empirical research or discussing original conceptual frameworks are welcome. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Theoretical issues regarding the validity and reliability of computer-assisted testing
- Technical considerations in the construction of computer-assisted tests
- Special considerations in designing computer-adaptive tests
- Item banking
- Scoring computer-assisted language tests
- Effectiveness of computer-assisted testing
- The use of multimedia in computer-assisted testing
- New technologies in service of computer-assisted testing
- New ways of using computers for language assessment (e.g., portfolios, role-plays, and journals)
Please send an e-mail of intent with a 250-word abstract by November 30, 1999, to Irene Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Home | AboutLLT | Subscribe | Informationfor Contributors | Masthead | Archives
Copyright © 1999 Language Learning & Technology, ISSN 1094-3501.
Articles are copyrighted by their respective authors.